Sunday, March 06, 2005

Green Chicken Curry


Green Curry
Originally uploaded by lesliegardner.
Me, I used sauteed tofu instead of chicken. I also added those cute little round green Thai Eggplants because I ran across them at Uwajimaya.

1# boneless chicken breast, cut into small strips
1 14oz can coconut cream
1 8oz can sliced bamboo shoots
2T green curry paste (I find that 1T is plenty of the brand I'm using)
2T vegetable oil
4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
2T sugar
2T fish sauce
1/2C fresh thai basil leaves
1sm green bell pepper, sliced
2 fresh chili peppers (optional)

Saute curry paste in oil on low heat until curry becomes aromatic. (high heat will burn curry paste)
spoon the thick and creamy part of the coconut cream from the can. Add to the curry. Increase heat. Stir and mix well, cooking unitl the coconut cream blends well with the curry (about three min)
Add chicken. Increase heat to high. stir and cook for three more min.
Add kaffir lime leaves, bamboo shoots, and the rest of the coconut cream. Stir and mix will. Cook until the chicken is done.
Add fish sauce and sugar to taste. Add green pepper, chili peppers, and basil leaves, stir and cook to a boil. Continue cooking for one more minute. Remove from heat. serve over steamed rice.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This looks so good! Green Curry is my favorite! We just went to an awesome Thai restaurant in Lincoln City. It totally does not look like much from the outside (and has the world's steepest handicapped ramp - you would have to have arms like Popeye to wheel yourself up there), but it is SO GOOD!

Thai Jasmine, or Jasmine Thai (I can't remember which) on 101, if anyone is interested.

Martina said...

I can't wait to try making this. Oh, who am I kidding, I can't wait to try making ALL of the recipes we've posted. I'm glad Jen thought of this, it's fun (even if a little torturous, since I'm on a diet every day but Sunday!)