Sunday, March 11, 2007

CSA

This year I've decided to purchase a CSA share. I'm growing more and more interested in fresh, sustainable, local, organic etc and think this is just a fantastic way of doing my part AND having to go to the store less AND bonding with my mom more often since we're going to share the share. I picked a farm near her house so she'll go pick it up every Tuesday and then at some point I'll take the Max out to Hillsboro and she'll meet me with my half. I'm seeing myself making lots of freezable soups and stuff since I assume it'll be way more food than I can eat in a week. Then in winter when the deliveries stop, I can continue to enjoy. Look at some of the great things that will be included each week! I'm SO excited!

4 comments:

monquee said...

Dude! That is so Awesome. We are totally looking into signing up for one too. Thanks for the tip!!

Jen said...

exciting! I love this idea for many reasons!!

1) I would definitely eat more veggies
2) fresh
3) local
4) I would have to go to the grocery store less often!
5) many more that I am sure I will think of later...

Nancy said...

Well, we did it. Bought a share in a CSA. Just so happens that it is the same one that Leslita has but ours will be delivered on Thursday at Wilshire Park, just a few blocks from our house. Yeah, fresh food without going to the grocery store and if I read correctly we will get a fresh bouquet of flowers too!

Leslita said...

Oh this is so exciting! I think it's so cool that you picked the same farm as me! I can't wait to start sharing recipes and stories! Man, June is forever away!