Thursday, June 14, 2007

CSA Veggies/Strawberry Rhubarb Smothie


CSA Veggies
Originally uploaded by lesliegardner

First haul! Woo and HOO! This is all of everything except only half the strawberries since my mom left hers at home but brought the rest over so we could split it up together. Since I'm going on a business trip next week and don't think I'll get around to too much cooking, I'm going to eat the favas and snowpeas raw. The bok choy will be a stir fry with tempeh and the strawberries are obviously smoothie stuff. I had trouble with what to do with the rhubarb since I'm not so into the sugar. I chopped it up and threw a small handfull into my strawberry smoothie this morning and it was so good! Not bitter at all!




Smoothie

Approximate ingredients
1/2c rice milk
1/4c strawberries
1/8c rhubarb
1T soaked raw sunflower seeds
2T nutritional yeast
1/2c water

1 comment:

Jen said...

YUM! Ours looked just like that except we got a calendula plant. (I bet your mom kept it.) We also had stir fry in which we used the snowpeas (not all since there were a ton) and the bok choy (again, not all -- but a lot!).

The strawberries were SO GOOD! We made a rhubarb/strawberry crisp, which was delicious.

The pick up at the park was ridiculously easy, so hooray!