Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Broccoli Salad

Salad:
1 lb broccoli, chopped (*tastes better if you sing the Dana Carvy "Choppin' Broccoli song while you're doing this)
1/2 cup red onion
1 cup dried cranberry (raisins work too, but cranberry is more festive, if you're making this for Xmas)
5 slices crumbled bacon
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds (optional, but highly recommended)

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise (we used fat free & it tasted fine!)
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbs white vinegar

1. Combine salad ingredients.

2. Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl

3. Toss salad with dressing

*Note: Even though this tasted great when we made it, it tasted even better the next day, so it's probably a good idea to make the dressing a little ahead and let the flavors all meld together.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This was really yum! And I think everything probably tastes better if you sing "choppin' broccoli"!! hee hee. Let's test it in 06 and see if it's true.

Martina said...

I really liked it too! I just bought more broccoli today, so I could have it again. I'm going to test leaving the bacon out to cut down the calories. I totally think it will taste just fine without it.