Thursday, February 03, 2005

Clearly I need brain food!

Today I took a recipe to the store to get ingredients for white bean chile. So I got home and was putting it together and it kept seeming strangely foreign even though I knew I'd made it once before (because I'd written "very good" on it). I kept getting confused with the ingredients, which is not unusual. I normally have to look at the recipe twice for each addition or action. Then I realized I had TWO white bean chile recipes out - one on either side of the stove! I had been looking at whatever one caught my eye first! AUGH! Luckily, they are pretty similar so it was totally salvagable. It is simmering now and if it's good I'll post it. Seems that it will be mighty spicy with a whole teaspoon of crushed red peppers and two fresh jalapenos! Yow!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hee hee! I can totally see doing that. The white bean chili sounds really good! Maybe you've hit on the perfect combination recipe that makes it even better. Did I ever tell you my chili disaster? I mixed up the REALLY hot chili powder with the milder chili powder...it was edible, but I think I blistered my mouth. We did not save the leftovers.

monquee said...

yay! 101 new ways to make white bean chile coming soon. I don't think I have ever HAD white bean chile. I sure wish I knew of a good recipie to try! It sounds really good! nice and spicey (pronounced spice - ay, but I did not have a good way to get that across).

Anonymous said...

I tasted the white bean chili - it was great - rich and filling. I think it should be called something besides Chili - something that sets it apart - I'll work on that. Lynn G